3 (100%)
Good
0 (0%)
Bad
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: March 26, 2010, 05:08:44

nigeir

Hi, I'm Nigeir from Philippines. I'm a fancier, member of SUPRA (BULFED) CLUB. Using your Pigeon Planner it helps me a lot to organize my birds.. I have 70 birds in all and Organizing is difficult..
Just want to impart my suggestion to visualize the Number of birds categorize from (Birds, Cock, Hen, Unknown).."Just an example. I think its easy to recognize the number of birds by their own category.

0          0           0              0            0
Birds     Cock       Hen       unknown     Total                   <----- Example Only

Thanks to your effort and support,
More power
God Bless

Thumbs up!!

Timo

Hello Nigeir, it is not very clear to me what you are saying.

Do you want to show only one sex of birds? Then you can go to View -> Filter pigeons in the menubar on the top.

Or do you want to see how many pigeons of each sex you have in your database? Then you can go to Tools -> Statistics.

nigeir

Timo, Sorry for the confusion, its my fault not clearing my statement :-[ What i meant is seeing the statistic in front with the details and pics???

--> http://s811.photobucket.com/albums/zz32/nigeir/?action=view&current=PigeonPlanner.jpg

this picture is for the purpose of illustrating...

Again thanks for immediate reply Timo.  
Thumbs up!!

Timo

Ah ok, I understand. You want something like the statistics in Tools window, but on the front of the program.

I will see what I can do, because there isn't that much space anymore.

nigeir

I really appreciate your precious time, hope things will materialize.  :D

Thumbs up !!! Timo..  ;D

Thank you & God Bless

Your work is superb ;)

Thumbs up!!

Timo

Ok, I added it so you can see the following numbers: total, cocks, hens, young birds.

It is turned off by default, but you can enable it by going to View->Statistics in the menu bar, or in the Preferences dialog under Appearence.

So you can use it in the next version of Pigeon Planner (0.8.0), that will be released pretty soon.

nigeir

Mabuhay ka Timo... I'm excited for the next version ..hehehe  :o

Thank you po :D
Thumbs up!!

Squeak

All that is needed is to add the option Stock birds too the existing options cocks hens young birds etc

Timo

It could be easily done, but then arises the problem that the bird has no sex, so the program can't put it in the pedigree.

Squeak

I see. know where you are coming from and understand.
Consider this than if this is the case lets not forget the icon tabs running along the base of the app.
Pedigree, perfornabce relatives etc: here we can see so much room for added options perhaps you can kill two birds with one stone.

Add another appropiate tab icon representing breeding an important part of any loft managers duty.
ie: pairing of birds dates laid dates hatched etc:   i admit that this would normally make any app complicated but because of the well designed layout of pigeon planner this would not be the case.
an option for those that reqire and those that do not.  In doing so you will have catered for stock birds and others without the regard for sex in that light ( pedigree ). yes the option obviously will have to cater for sex but could be done in such away independent from main source or would it. requires more thought.  All in all we will have another main important feature.  Must admit like what you did with
young birds whereby sex was un important nice touch.

I do have lots of other ideas such as adding distances etc: but thats another quote another day and will be supported by screen shots.

Timo

Indeed, there is room for more features, and it was the plan from the start. It's just that everything takes time to get as good as it gets. But I think the program is almost at the stage where I can think of implementing such a breeding feature.
After I release the new 0.8.0 version, I will think this whole thing over to see what is the best approach.

Adding distances was in my mind too. If you have any ideas, you are always welcome to share them. The more people think of things, the better the program will be.

Squeak

nigeir saw your proposal for the first time in version 8 looks great like it alot and in addition love
the way Timo has implemented both in posistion andthe ability to enable and disable good on you both.

Timo

Indeed, I think it worked out great too. If you want it: turn it on. If you don't want it: turn it off :).

nigeir

Thanks squeak for the compliment and Timo for considering my proposal it turned exactly on purposed.

Overall its a great job!!! :D :D :D

Thumbs up!!

Squeak

Glad u agree Glad u came up with it and delighted with the implemetation and development he seems to know what hes doing always making the right moves.

have confidence in his programming skills (timo that is)

Still along way to go but believe in planner and timo and believe in the potentional of the software thanks to its splendid layout.

Keep your support coming am sure Timo would agree
regards Squeak