Breeding system

Started by Timo, May 27, 2010, 12:44:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Timo

I finally started on the breeding system, because people keep asking me where it is ;).

I will put another tab at the bottom for it (next to pedigree, relatoves and results). So each breeding record will be for the pigeon selected in the list.

Now I like to know what you want to see in it. Give as many details as posiible, so I can make something good :).

nigeir

its best to see pictures of parents Cock And Hen with details of name, line, feather color on the side of the picture, .. and below the details of graph pairing like 1st , 2nd , 3rd Clutch or pairing  with date.
Thumbs up!!

Squeak

Quote from: nigeir on June 12, 2010, 07:16:41
its best to see pictures of parents Cock And Hen with details of name, line, feather color on the side of the picture, .. and below the details of graph pairing like 1st , 2nd , 3rd Clutch or pairing  with date.

It alls sound too good to be true but what would really be nice is to have this breeding section complete
before early december at the latest other wise its going to be another year before one can sample, use and benifit from it.  Just thought i would remind us all of this fact.

Timo

Here is a screenshot from what I have put together today (click for larger image):

Tell me what you think or have questions. There is still a little room for additional info for each young. So ideas are welcome.

dtrojcak

Would it be possible to have something that would track genetics?
For example, a recessive white cock is mated with a dilute blue bar.  All offspring will be het for recessive white, and all cocks will also be het for dilute. 
Doing it automatically may be too difficult considering some combinations, but maybe let us choose from a drop down menu or something.

Timo

That would be very hard to do. Because of the colornames in different languages and all possible combinations.
Maybe something for the future, but for now it won't be a top priority.

Tou2son

hey there,

I just learned about your program today (Jan 13, 2011.) I understand that it's still slowly growing and slowly being adjusted with time. One thing that would be of help to me and maybe others as well, is to have the youngs in their own categories. For example, I'll be flying multiple kit boxes. It would be nice to have a good place to keep records of kit birds as well. Not only that, but I like to keep track of all my birds, even those that gotten lost. It's always good to just keep it in case it shows up a few years later. So there should be a category for lost birds. Not only that, but I inbreed a lot. You should try using color coding for pedigrees. By this what I mean is, lets say you look at a pedigree, sometimes you see the same bird showing up more than once in the pedigree. When this happens, it would be easier to just notice it right away with colors. I hope I make sense?!?!

Thanks,
Tou

Timo

There are some (limited) filter options in the menu (View->Filter...), where you can filter on sex, color, loft and strain. For the next version, I also added a status filter. So you can only see your lost or active birds in the list.

I was also thinking about using colors in the pedigree. Like using a diiferent edge color for a box of a lost/dead birds, black for instance. So your idea could be implemented too.
I could make an option so user can choose to enable/disable this feature. This needs some thought though, before I will actually do this, but I'll keep it in mind.

dubluv

would it be possible to have breeders showing a pair number, so you can see the cock and hen of a particular pair in the list. i realize that the pair shows in the peds, but i think some way to show the other mate in the list would be helpful. i hope this is understood. btw, this is a great program, and i'm looking forward to future updates for my rollers. thanx