Hidden / Unhidden birds

Started by Dane, May 09, 2020, 01:41:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Dane

When I use the view menu and unselect "show all pigeons", I am shown a sub-set of all the pigeons in the DB that I am assuming are currently in an "unhidden" status.  Is that correct?

When I select "show all pigeons" I see all the pigeons in the DB including "hidden" pigeons (as indicated by an eye icon with a slash through it.

If I select one of these "hidden" pigeons, right-click on it and select Restore hidden, that appears to unhide the pigeon so it is normally visible again.

How would I "rehide" a pigeon that was hidden and then restored - change the status back to hidden?

Can you provide your best understanding of how this feature is best used?  Hide birds in a pedigree that you don't own and don't want showing in any lists?  Thx
Velocity First Roller Club
(Arizona Chapter)

Timo

Most users don't want all pigeons in the main list. Pigeons from long ago or not even theirs that only exist to be shown in the pedigree. But all of them need to be in the database, so there's a hidden flag to indicate whether to show them or not. Sometimes it's needed to quickly view them again, maybe for editing or removing them completely.

To hide a pigeon, select it and click the remove button on the top. The dialog will ask you to either hide it or completely remove it with all data.

Dane

Ok Great - as I expected.

From a relatively new user's perspective, it would more intuitive to use the label "remove/hide" instead of just "remove" for the trigger that also lets you hide a bird.  I was able to do what I wanted with your instructions, but just wasn't as intuitive as I expected.  Thanks.
Velocity First Roller Club
(Arizona Chapter)