Dane · 6 · 2729

Offline Dane

• View Profile
Starting this thread here.
Velocity First Roller Club
(Arizona Chapter)

Offline Dane

• View Profile
What else is needed to create the logic to implement this?  Thx.
(Arizona Chapter)

Offline Timo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
My plan was to add it in the database manager, in the New/Edit dialog. It makes most sense there I think, also code/backend wise. Also that way the option is given when the user first creates the database, but is also able to change it afterwards.

Offline Dane

• View Profile
That sounds perfect.

I wasn't as complete as I intended with my question . . .

The other part of my question was what other logic decisions/associations need to be made related to the (R)acing (F)lying (S)how selection options in regards to what functionality needs to be turned on or off based on that choice?  To you believe you already know what all needs to be modified based on the R/F/S selection option (i.e removing "racepoints map and velocity calculator if selection <> [R])?
(Arizona Chapter)

Offline Timo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
This topic was originally created for that. I haven't been able to work it out some more yet. So if you have ideas about what should be visible for each type, please go ahead and share your thoughts.

I think this feature will be held of a bit for the moment though. The pedigree preview/setup is a big project which will take some time to complete, and might be the only big(ger) change in the next release, pushing the pigeon type selection one version up. That doesn't mean comments aren't welcome though.

Offline Dane

• View Profile
Totally makes sense.  You can only take on so much developer at onetime anyway.  Often times when I make suggestions it will just be about what appears to be next steps or some logic that might make something work the way it is intended.  I won't know how much effort it takes or the general priority of the suggestions in the bigger plan.  I know if something is small you may try to fit it in and if it takes any kind of substantial work/time it will need to be put in the priority queue until the more important efforts are complete.  Thanks for the response.
(Arizona Chapter)