Loftviewer - An app for viewing Pigeon Planner on Android Tablets and Smartphone

Started by clipper, April 14, 2019, 15:08:31

Previous topic - Next topic

clipper

I've continued developing the 'Loftviewer' app in between work commitments and I think I've now done enough to give Pigeon Planner users an idea of what the app will do.

I've uploaded a demonstration video on to YouTube showing the features included so far.

These include-

* View details of all birds stored in a Pigeon Planner database

* View a 4 generation pedigree chart on screen for a selected bird showing any inbreeding in the pedigree

* Produce a PDF file (A4 size page) for a 3 or 4 generation pedigree showing/not showing inbreeding

* The PDF files can be viewed on screen, printed or saved on the device for emailing or copying to a computer

* Users can also use their own photo or image template as a background for PDF charts

* Trial Pairings are also included allowing the user to see the 3 generation pedigrees of a cock and hen on the same chart. The trial pairing can also be produced as a PDF file

All these features are briefly demonstrated in the YouTube video.

To watch the video, visit youtube.com and search for loftviewer

I'd welcome any comments and suggestions you might have especially regarding features you would like to see included

Also, if you have any questions, please let me know.

I want to continue developing Loftviewer when time permits, but it largely depends on how much interest is shown by Pigeon Planner users.

linux

clipper

Thanks linux for your positive, encouraging comment as usual.  I assume you're speaking on behalf of all other members of the forum.  You may be right this time.

Timo

linux

Clipper

I will tell you where the problem is. What you did is too difficult for the average user and it really does no one needs it.  :-[

Timo

Looks like interest is indeed really low, although I have no user statistics on how much traffic the forum gets. But I don't think it's too difficult to use. The most involved action would be getting the database transferred, the app in itself seems simple enough. What would you like to see differently then, linux?

linux

Timo, do you think an all old guys can do it without problems? the program must be simple and easy to use, and to have all the necessary options. Generally, the pigeon sport will disappear in the coming years and the problem will solve itself. The remaining decade may be two.   :'(

Timo

I partially agree. I think once having the database imported it should be fine for most users. The interface with pigeon list and pedigree is ok, it's just point and click. Problem is when adding features there comes a point where some complexity is introduced. Question is how far to go. I notice this myself as I sometimes get questions about things that are intuitive to me. Like said, at this point it looks simple enough to use and it might be enough for the people who actually need a mobile app.

Saying pigeon sport will disappear is probably right in western Europe. Only the handfull of big players will be left in the near future. Can't really tell for other parts in the world.

Albino_Hedgehog

Timo

Looks like they took the video down and perhaps halted development, unfortunately.

tanveer haider

Sorry for being too late :(
is this app available for android users on play store ?

Quote from: clipper on April 14, 2019, 15:08:31
I've continued developing the 'Loftviewer' app in between work commitments and I think I've now done enough to give Pigeon Planner users an idea of what the app will do.

I've uploaded a demonstration video on to YouTube showing the features included so far.

These include-

* View a 4 generation pedigree chart on screen for a selected bird showing any inbreeding in the pedigree

* Produce a PDF file (A4 size page) for a 3 or 4 generation pedigree showing/not showing inbreeding

* The PDF files can be viewed on screen, printed or saved on the device for emailing or copying to a computer

* Users can also use their own photo or image template as a background for PDF charts

* Trial Pairings are also included allowing the user to see the 3 generation pedigrees of a cock and hen on the same chart. The trial pairing can also be produced as a PDF file

I'd welcome any comments and suggestions you might have especially regarding features you would like to see included

I want to continue developing Loftviewer when time permits, but it largely depends on how much interest is shown by Pigeon Planner users.

Albino_Hedgehog

Quote from: tanveer haider on June 30, 2020, 15:59:46
Sorry for being too late :(
is this app available for android users on play store ?

Quote from: clipper on April 14, 2019, 15:08:31

These include-

Unfortunatley I have yet to be able to find a version of the app!

I was hoping to be able to pull it apart an add stuff myself!