pedigree layout

Started by angosmyth, November 07, 2015, 20:33:17

Previous topic - Next topic

angosmyth

hi. this is a great program. it has everything that I need on it. I was just wondering if it was possible to get the extra writing part on the pedigree to fit into the box. when I print the pedigree out I am missing half of the text. If I could get this to fit then it would be amazing. I was also wondering if there was an option to print the pedigree in landscape?

Thanks again for this super program.

ArcherPigeons

Multiple pedigree options, as well as a change to the text box would be an amazing feature. (You currently cannot press enter to start a new line, and it does not automatically fit in the box on pedigree print outs).

Timo

There are a few pedigree layouts and options available. Go to Preferences->Printing=>Pedigree to switch. There's a little preview button next to it as well.

This is too early to mention, but ah well. My next idea is to provide a pedigree creator where the user can add the items they want (address, pigeon info, number of generations, ...) and move them around the page how they like them. Giving extra options to change paper orientation, text and line colours, fonts and fontsizes, etc... This will give endless possibilities on how the pedigree looks.

ArcherPigeons

Quote from: Timo on July 04, 2018, 08:48:32
There are a few pedigree layouts and options available. Go to Preferences->Printing=>Pedigree to switch. There's a little preview button next to it as well.

This is too early to mention, but ah well. My next idea is to provide a pedigree creator where the user can add the items they want (address, pigeon info, number of generations, ...) and move them around the page how they like them. Giving extra options to change paper orientation, text and line colours, fonts and fontsizes, etc... This will give endless possibilities on how the pedigree looks.

This will be amazing!

Dane

I am curious. After the recent changes that have been put in place, how close does the formatting work for you now?

Quote from: angosmyth on November 07, 2015, 20:33:17
hi. this is a great program. it has everything that I need on it. I was just wondering if it was possible to get the extra writing part on the pedigree to fit into the box. when I print the pedigree out I am missing half of the text. If I could get this to fit then it would be amazing. I was also wondering if there was an option to print the pedigree in landscape?

Thanks again for this super program.
Velocity First Roller Club
(Arizona Chapter)

Dane

I really like the new changes to the Pedegree. All of the user definable options make it where you can display most of the details of your Pedegree within the space allotted and just as you want.

I have suggested addition of a couple other fields (I believe there one character fields) and wondered when they could be added to the database so they could be used in the Pedegree format?

Also, do you have any other plans or thoughts about making changes to the rest of the page layout? I believe there are some changes suggested there as well. This is getting so so close to being the ultimate Pedegree. Very anxious to get a final product so I can get a couple other people using the program.

Thanks much!!
Velocity First Roller Club
(Arizona Chapter)