NEW UPDATE

Started by brown7683, November 09, 2011, 01:34:39

Previous topic - Next topic

brown7683

Yes I can't put strain in besides ones already had saved in the new update 1.4. I got new birds i'm adding in and the strain is different but it won't let me enter new strain only choose from what I already have entered before.

brown7683

Also having same issue with color of bird and loft.

Timo

Argh, I see it too, very weird. I'll try to fix it as soon as possible.

In the meantime, a workaround would be to add such data through Tools=>Data manager in the menu.

brown7683

Thank you and no problem. I went thru and done it way  you said and it worked so I good to go. Once again great software.

dubluv

I see the drop down menu in tools for data manager, but even after i add a new strain or color there, it doesn't appear in the birds data during the edit.

Timo

Quote from: dubluv on November 20, 2011, 04:46:59
I see the drop down menu in tools for data manager, but even after i add a new strain or color there, it doesn't appear in the birds data during the edit.

I think it does not update all fields (like the details) when adding/removing items from there. Try to restart the program and they should show up.

dubluv

Timo, you're correct, if any changes are made thru data manager, they're not showing up during the edit of a bird. and you cannot enter a new color or strain in the edit window, like you could in the previous version. is there a way to download the previous version and roll back to it? :(

Timo

No, because the database has been updated too. You'll probably get an error when running an older version, because the database has been changed.

Don't worry too much, if everything goes well, a new bugfix version will be online very soon (probably this weekend), which fixes this and some other bugs.

kenta

I tried to install the new update 1.4.2 but I have barrel on the screen an error accured while Trying to Replace Existing File Deleted File failed, Kode 5 ignore to skip this file (note rekommended so what do I do now? Help

brown7683

update won't install for me either now i keep getting black error everytime I click on one of my birds. Then when I click to send report i get another black box.

Timo

Are we talking about the Windows installer? And things go wrong during installation? Nothing has changed to the installer since a couple of versions, and is tested on various Windows installations.

Try to uninstall the previous version and check that the folder c:\Program Files\Pigeon Planner doesn't exists. If it does, remove it by manually.
If problems keep happening, install the previous versions you had installed, then repeat the above steps.

If you get a black box (with the logfile in it) and can't report, copy the entire text and send it to me by mail or put it here on the forum.

brown7683

Timo I don't know what happen but I went back and reinstalled again and worked fine installing. I havent' had to do anything in program yet but will in few days when I add some birds into it so I will see then if everything works out.

Timo

Ok, maybe some corrupt download or a virus scanner which interfered.
Let me know when something is wrong, but I fixed every reported problem from 1.4.0.

zongke

There is no problem with download & install v1.4.2. Thanks Timo!

kenta

I tried again and it went ok. But how can I fix the color of new dove, I have something that stops it on my computer!
Can I do anything to fix it?