new mac os ver.

Started by davestucky, August 02, 2013, 23:24:49

Previous topic - Next topic

davestucky

I downloaded the dmg and when i opened it the new version warning came up but sent me to windows download.

thanks
Dave

Timo

You are right, the last Mac package was some testing version. So you will get a message that a newer version is available (which there is, just not a Mac package for it).

There are a couple of issues while running Pigeon Planner on Mac, as you will notice. Some of them which I can't fix and some which I haven't had time to fix. I'll see if I can build a new one and mark it as unstable, just for the people who really want it.

davestucky

thanks for such a quick response. is there a way i can build the dmg for your program.  i program in sql, access, html, and filemaker but am not familiar with python.

Thanks

Timo

It's not that easy and very time consuming the first time. Python isn't the problem, but the graphical toolkit which is used, isn't really OS X friendly.

This is what I wrote down in README.dev in the Pigeon Planner package, but I'm not 100% sure if this is still valid.
Mac OS X:
    Build GTK from source, see http://www.gtk.org/download/macos.php
    Use mac/jhbuild-custom and mac/pigeonplanner.modules for a complete build.

jhbuild shell
    python setup.py install
    gtk-mac-bundler mac/pigeonplanner.bundle

The mac/* files are located in the Pigeon Planner source package.

I'll have a look at it tonight anyway, hopefully I can produce a working dmg.

davestucky

Any luck yet?

Thanks
Dave

Timo

Here you go: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pigeonplanner/files/Unstable/
It should work on all Intel Macs with atleast OS X 10.6 installed.

Mandatory disclaimer:
This file is put in the unstable folder because it is really unstable. This is no joke. Expect crashes and weird behaviour.

davestucky

got it -  Thanks so much.  I understand the disclaimer and will not hold u responsible.  thanks again

Timo

No problem. I made some changes which will make it much easier for me to build these packages in the future, so there should be a Mac OS X package for each new Pigeon Planner release from now on.

I hope I can spend some time soon to try and fix the outstanding issues.

bering

Is the new update 2.2.1 possibe to run on Mac-Mawerick?  :'(

Timo

I have troubles with my Mac build machine and haven't been able to fix it yet. 2.2.0 should still work though, there were only 3 changes in 2.2.1:

* Fixed exporting pigeons to csv
* Fixed DTD resultparser for results with an extra column at the end
* Make database backup before update and restore in case of error

Timo

New build is available here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pigeonplanner/files/Unstable/

This is done on a new system, so please report any problems. The package only works on Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or newer probably.

bering

Version 2.2.2 : so far I have not had any bugs found with Mawerick  :) :)

Timo

bering

Hallo Timo!
I work now with PP 2.2.3 on OSX El Capitan 10.11.6
There is an error in the date field in the individual results window: If you change the date, the program freezes.
Hope you can help. Sorry my bad english

Timo

I'll have a look at it this weekend. I only have a 10.8 Mountain Lion system around, but hopefully it doesn't matter.