changes for a special version

Started by nikolaiev, December 26, 2010, 15:45:46

Previous topic - Next topic

nikolaiev

hello,
I'll try to make it short .....

Your software is best for monitoring the breeding of pigeons. I raise pigeons in flight, but no passengers (racing), just tumblers and rollers.
Our rating sytem is different but there are similarities.
I use windows and I do not know python .... I tried to modified one formula into your software, but I have neither the skills nor the tools ..... it was a failure .....I am too bad!

I found this:

cof = (float(placed)/float(out))*100
Where, if I understand correctly, "out" is necessarily greater than or equal to "placed"

we use the point number and flight time to calculate our index, so we need;

cof = (float(placed=number of point)/float(out=flight time))   __(whitout *100)____
and where "out" can be greater or lower or equal to "placed" because number of point can be greater than flight time for us

with this simple change in the mathematical formula, your software would be used by breeders of pigeons flying
with this simple change your software would be a special version for "Flying Pigeon" instead of only "Racing pigeons".

Could you make this change for a special version
 ...or tell me where and how  change this formula ...

Excuse me again for my English

hoping a positive response,
greetings and thanks.

Timo

In that formula, "placed" is the gained position out of a total number of pigeons ("out"). So "placed" is always lower or equal to "out".

You can't modify that file though. Well, you can, even with Notepad if you want. But the program won't pick it up. The Python source files are only there for reference (will be deleted in the future though, users should download the source package if they want to see it), but the files that are actually used are packed inside the exe, so you can't get to them.
Unfortunatly, changing this little thing, will require to rebuild the entire Windows installer etc, so I'm not going to do this right now.

But I was thinking about putting an option in the preferences dialog where the user can select between race or show mode for example. So each option has it's own specific features (like the calculation). Maybe some other things?

nikolaiev

Thank you for your reply.
Putting an option in the preferences dialog where the user can select  specificities according to the pigeons they are breedings, is a exellent idea.

An option, just for the tab results, because the rest (details, pedigree, parents) is common to all breeders.

to complete your software so it can be used by all breeders, in my mind, it would take three options

1 that exists: Pigeon racing ( posting, messengers pigeons)
column: placed, out, coefficient
with cof = (float(placed)/float(out))*100.....It's already done

2 for the Pigeon flying ( tumblers, rollers, hight flying....)
column: numbers of point, time of flight, index
with index = (numbers of point / time of flight)

3 for the pigeons exhibition (show)
just one column : number of point ( in the exposure )

it would be really great

Timo

Thanks for the info, I don't see problems in this. I'm busy with some major cleanup and re-organisation of the code, but it will be next on my list.

nikolaiev

it's nice  :)
Thank you very much for the positive response.

nikolaiev

Hello Timo,
I regularly visit the forum and the site, looking for updates,  hoping to see this famous option in the preferences dialog where the user can select  specificities according to the pigeons they are breedings
...for the formula !
in hope,
greetings and thanks again for your work.

Timo

Nikolaiev, I totally forgot about this!! If I have time this week, it will probably be done by the next version.
Sorry, and thanks for the reminder!