Pigeon Planner forum

There was an error when creating backups

kenta · 7 · 5340

Offline kenta

• View Profile
Now it comes up instead.
There was an error when creating backups.
It might be my norton anti virus software. ::)

Offline Timo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It's not good that no decent errormessage is shown, I need to change that in a new version.

Maybe you have choosen a directory without write permissions? Or an external device which isn't connected anymore? However, like you say, it can be an issue with your anti-virus which blocks certain operations.

Offline kenta

• View Profile
how can I change the directory without uninstalling the program

Offline Timo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If it's manual backup through the menu File=>Backup, you can choose the directory there before clicking "Backup".

If it's an automatic backup when closing the aplication, you'll have to change it in the preferences dialog.

Offline kenta

• View Profile
it is an automatic backup of the folder documents and settings. when I start pigeon planner asked me to update it but I have 1.8 what should I do?

Offline Timo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hmm, Documents & Settings should always be writeable. i'll make sure a better error message comes up in the next version.

Do you have enabled development version updates? See preferences=>Advanced. There is a 1.9.0 test version which might show up for you.

Offline kenta

• View Profile
my version is 1.8 when I go into pigeon planner dowload it says 1.8 not 1.9. then I will not reach 1.9 and when I want to download it says that I already have 1.8