There was an error when creating backups

Started by kenta, April 20, 2013, 22:26:40

Previous topic - Next topic

kenta

Now it comes up instead.
There was an error when creating backups.
It might be my norton anti virus software. ::)

Timo

It's not good that no decent errormessage is shown, I need to change that in a new version.

Maybe you have choosen a directory without write permissions? Or an external device which isn't connected anymore? However, like you say, it can be an issue with your anti-virus which blocks certain operations.

kenta

how can I change the directory without uninstalling the program

Timo

If it's manual backup through the menu File=>Backup, you can choose the directory there before clicking "Backup".

If it's an automatic backup when closing the aplication, you'll have to change it in the preferences dialog.

kenta

it is an automatic backup of the folder documents and settings. when I start pigeon planner asked me to update it but I have 1.8 what should I do?

Timo

Hmm, Documents & Settings should always be writeable. i'll make sure a better error message comes up in the next version.

Do you have enabled development version updates? See preferences=>Advanced. There is a 1.9.0 test version which might show up for you.

kenta

my version is 1.8 when I go into pigeon planner dowload it says 1.8 not 1.9. then I will not reach 1.9 and when I want to download it says that I already have 1.8