Is this still in development/being maintained?

Started by ArcherPigeons, June 11, 2018, 05:53:27

Previous topic - Next topic

ArcherPigeons

I've got a lot of great ideas to improve the software, but before I post them all, is the software actually still being maintained?

linux

Hey Archie

Do you know someone who works for free? Maybe you start developing this program yourself for free. WORK FOR FREE GIVES HAPPINESS!

Timo

Hey all. I haven't been working on this for some time now due to another project taking up most of my time. I'm thinking about slowly picking up development, spend some small amounts of time on it to make atleast some little improvements.

I don't really want to abandon this completely just because there are quite a lot of users, but maintaining a project this size is very time consuming.

You can always share your ideas, no problem. They won't get lost if posted here.

ArcherPigeons

Quote from: linux on June 14, 2018, 06:09:59
Hey Archie

Do you know someone who works for free? Maybe you start developing this program yourself for free. WORK FOR FREE GIVES HAPPINESS!

Wow. Chill. I just didn't want to take it in a new direction if Timo was still around working on it.

Quote from: Timo on June 14, 2018, 09:38:40
Hey all. I haven't been working on this for some time now due to another project taking up most of my time. I'm thinking about slowly picking up development, spend some small amounts of time on it to make atleast some little improvements.

I don't really want to abandon this completely just because there are quite a lot of users, but maintaining a project this size is very time consuming.

You can always share your ideas, no problem. They won't get lost if posted here.

No worries at all. I'll keep posting and try to recruit some more devs to help out!
I've never used Launchpad, is it similar to Github?

Timo

It's comparable to GitHub, yes. Only that GitHub uses Git as a VCS and Launchpad uses Bazaar. The webinterface features are roughly the same: code browsing, commit log, bugtracker, downloads, etc.

Little update on development: I've made a whole bunch of commits in the last two weeks and will release a beta very soon. Nothing really changed visually, but the whole database backend is rewritten.

ArcherPigeons

Quote from: Timo on July 04, 2018, 08:53:41
It's comparable to GitHub, yes. Only that GitHub uses Git as a VCS and Launchpad uses Bazaar. The webinterface features are roughly the same: code browsing, commit log, bugtracker, downloads, etc.

Little update on development: I've made a whole bunch of commits in the last two weeks and will release a beta very soon. Nothing really changed visually, but the whole database backend is rewritten.

Awesome! Can't wait to see it! ;D