updating issues

Started by nick, December 17, 2016, 23:13:29

Previous topic - Next topic

nick

hi i got a message saying a newer version is available and when i choose to upload it say it has to overwrite my old program but when doing this i get a message saying uninstall is not found and i cant even uninstall from my laptop for the same reason , any ideas how to correct this anyone please

nick

it says it cannot uninstall because I get this error c:/Program Files (x86)/pigeon planner/unins000.data does not exsist anyone on admin know whats going on please  ?

Timo

Looks like the uninstall data is missing. Maybe an antivirus that quarantined it?

I'll see if I can build a package that doesn't need to uninstall before installation so it'll build a new uninstall file. In the meantime you can download and run the Windows portable package (also found on the download page). This is exactly the same version, just that it can be run without installation.

nick

Hi im still getting update messages when I open pigeon planner and when I say yes I have to uninstall to complete it, but I then get a message saying file ''c:program files(x86)pigeon planner\unin000.dat does not exsist cannot ininstal is there any way on resolving this issue without losing all my information ive put on this version ? thanks for any help you can give me

Timo

I created and uploaded an installer that doesn't require uninstallation: https://launchpad.net/pigeonplanner/2.2/2.2.4/+download/Pigeon_Planner-2.2.4-no_uninstall.exe

This should work. Don't worry about your data, it's stored in a different location than the application files. Just to be sure you can create a backup by going through File=>Backup in the menubar.

nick

Thanks ever so much mate its now been sorted thanks to you .