Suggestions

Started by maryofexeter, June 03, 2015, 11:59:15

Previous topic - Next topic

maryofexeter

Love the program :) But there are a couple things that bug me.

First, it would be nice when inputting info into the "extra" box, if it would automatically wrap the text to fit into the box instead of having to mess around with what fits best in each line. It's a big pain.

Next, is there any way we can enter race results without having to upload a Belgian spreadsheet type file? No idea what that file is. I would be okay with manually entering results into Pigeon Planner if I have to.

Lastly, it would be nice if the strain would show up on the pedigree, at least for the bird the pedigree is made for. That way you don't have to take up limited "extra" space entering the strain. Or color, etc.

Any of these being worked on?

Timo

I haven't had time to work on Pigeon Planner in the last months, so requests get piled up at the moment.

Quote from: maryofexeter on June 03, 2015, 11:59:15
First, it would be nice when inputting info into the "extra" box, if it would automatically wrap the text to fit into the box instead of having to mess around with what fits best in each line. It's a big pain.
I fully agree. There are a couple of things that can be done, but haven't decided yet what's best. It'll most likely take changes to the input box, the database and pedigrees.

Next, is there any way we can enter race results without having to upload a Belgian spreadsheet type file? No idea what that file is. I would be okay with manually entering results into Pigeon Planner if I have to.
Sure, you can either import results from a Belgian result sheet or enter them manually. The import option is not mandatory, so you can just press the "Add" button instead of "Import" and you can enter a result for the currently selected pigeon. You should be able to move through the pigeon list while the add result dialog is still open so you don't need to re-enter all details again.

Lastly, it would be nice if the strain would show up on the pedigree, at least for the bird the pedigree is made for. That way you don't have to take up limited "extra" space entering the strain. Or color, etc.
Indeed. Your suggestions are noted. Thanks!