Adding a newly banded baby to the list

Started by bnnooch, January 18, 2012, 20:19:08

Previous topic - Next topic

bnnooch

I am checking the box for adding pigeon to list when I enter the band number and it is not adding the bird to the list in some cases. It has been working for most of the new band entree's and seems to not work on 1 particular band #..

Fly_caster

I have exactly the same problem as this - any suggestions anybody ?

Thanks.

Fly_caster

Quote from: Fly_caster on January 27, 2012, 23:33:55
I have exactly the same problem as this - any suggestions anybody ?

Thanks.

Anybody ?????

Thanks,

Steve

Timo

Will have a look at it in the coming days.

kingsman

Have a similiar problem new baby birds added not listed but are going on offspring list, but in one instance to wrong parents. How do i delete it from offspring list and place with correct parents?

Timo

Found the problem and it's fixed for the next version.

Some background: a pigeon can be visible or hidden in the program, this allows us to have a pigeon object (with its data) for all pigeons, either added to the list or added in the pedigree. So it doesn't mean if a pigeon isn't visible in the main list, it doesn't exist in the database, that's why some will show up in the offspring/pedigree/search list, even if you don't see them.

kingsman: I think you already have a pigeon (or multiple) in the database, but not visible, with different parents. I will add some code to update the parents when a young bird is added through the breeding section.