Author Topic: Vaccination Idea  (Read 3365 times)

Offline Squeak

• Prior Preperation Prevents Piss Poor Performance
    • View Profile
    • Top Gun Pigeons
Vaccination Idea
« on: March 03, 2010, 21:54:12 »
Recently had birds vaccinated and i was reminded again of how several photocopies of the vac sheet
are needed one to carry around for personal training several for the up north combine training transporter and one or two for certain races.

Then the idea came to me why cant pigeon planner impliment a dedicated option whereby users can add birds which have been vacinated. if so then users would have the ability to print out a list of birds which have been injected at will.  Handy dont you think.

An option i might add that i have yet to see in any other similar pigeon databases
a first for pigeon planner.

Again food for thought.

Offline Timo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Vaccination Idea
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 22:35:54 »
Good thought indeed.

There are always details that can be added. The problem will be space, implementation and ease of use. Don't let it all become to cluttered.

For the new version, I have made a "status" system, where you can give each pigeon a status of active, dead, lost or sold. And each status will add an icon to every pigeon. For example, if you set a pigeon as active, the will be a green icon with a check next to the band number:

Maybe this is the way to go with more things, like vacination for example. Icons are small, easy to recognise and each pigeon can have multiple without much space.

Offline Squeak

• View Profile
    • Top Gun Pigeons
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 22:51:07 »
Brilliant great like it alot and yes this is going to cover you for alot more options can see the big picture. great simple feature dont forget the icon for vaccinated pigeons and stock birds.

remember that not all active birds are neccessarily vaccinated. 

And this is a brilliant oppertunity to identify stock birds dont you think.

great stuff

Offline Timo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 23:09:27 »
This won't be for the 0.8.0 release, because it would take some work to be done and database changes for the users. And I would like to release the new version really soon so everyone benefits from the new features in it (1 or 2 days from now if everything goes well).

So that gives some time to work it out.
I was thinking about doing it like this:
The status icon is always there (that's the case now), and the user can add more icons if the pigeon is vacinated, or is a stock pigeon, or ... This has much room for improvement.

If the icons are clear, the user can see in an eyeflash to which "groups" the pigeon belongs.

Offline Squeak

• View Profile
    • Top Gun Pigeons
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 09:54:12 »
Couldnt agree more certainly warrents being wrote in stone into the database.
You can tell when u have something right or not u just dont have to think about it u just no when u
are onto a winner.

Perhaps another idea would be to add this filter icon option to the search criteria whereby one can search via icon like cocks hens etc:  again not that am crumbling more than satisfied with the display ability.

Love the edit tools feature where by you have all your fanciers contacts velocity calc etc:
Dont ever get rid of this keeps other options open too.

Really cant say enough about pigeon planner the thought that someone out there has taking it upon themselves to make a simple but effective pigeon database that even the old time fanciers would be able to get away with.  Its nothing like what they are not used too in paper form.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK