wrong coefficient

Started by corvette, December 04, 2012, 09:22:31

Previous topic - Next topic

corvette

I'm from Ukraine. Do not know how you count coefficient, but we place * 1000 / amount released. Accordingly coefficient not converge on a single point. Can it be corrected? Sorry for any mistakes - Google translator
Thank you.

corvette

I'm from Ukraine.I have one question to you. Please, help me.  How do you count coefficient? We do it as follows: place * 1000 / quantity of uncaged pigeons and coefficient not converge on a single point. Can it be corrected?

Timo

Currently it is calculated like this: (place / out) * 100

I will make an option in the next release where you can specify how to calculate the coefficient.

I don't understand what you mean by "coefficient not converge on a single point" though.

corvette

Example: You - 1.344086, we have - 13.441.
Thank you, if you do this in the next version.

aliaghaei

Quote from: Timo on December 14, 2012, 11:48:12
Currently it is calculated like this: (place / out) * 100

I will make an option in the next release where you can specify how to calculate the coefficient.

I don't understand what you mean by "coefficient not converge on a single point" though.

what " place/out" means? could you please explain more or write an example ?!

Timo

coefficient = (place / out) * coefficient_multiplier

where

place = the pigeon's result for this race
out = total number of pigeons for this race
coefficient_multiplier = 100 by default, can be changed in the advanced settings

So if your pigeon flies the first place out of 100 pigeons in that race, it will have a coefficient of (1 / 100) * 100 = 1

Apparently not every country calculates the coefficient in the same way, so I added the custom multiplier.

Just let me know if more info is needed.