Author Topic: Pictures disappear in portable version  (Read 4042 times)

thbaig1

Pictures disappear in portable version
« on: November 19, 2013, 17:25:21 »
Hi,
I am using portable version of pigeon planner latest version. I have extracted it in my Google Drive , so that I may able to access it from anywhere.
But it stop showing pics I have uploaded expect the PC where I have first entered the data.
I believe if it is portable, it should show all data on any pc. Kindly guide me how should I configure it ?

Thanks

Offline Timo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures disappear in portable version
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 18:32:40 »
Just for the record: the portable version is exactly the same as the installable version. It is available for people who won't or can't install anything on their computer. It also doesn't store any information in the application itself, but a database in a different location.

That being said, Pigeon Planner does not manage any pictures for you, it will only save the path to the file. So moving the database to a different computer will cause the images not being found anymore (unless the paths are the same by some chance).

thbaig1

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 12:00:39 »
Thank you.
Can I reset picture path ? in way that it always look for that folder where exe exist.

Offline Timo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 19:06:32 »
No, but that's a good idea. I'll try to add it in a next version.

thbaig1

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 12:28:52 »
Great!
I will wait for that update. it will make this package more useful.

Also it will be great to store db and related file in same directory instead user app data. It will make it real portable version. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 12:39:30 by thbaig1 »

thbaig1

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 08:52:45 »
Hi Timo,
have you got time to review the suggested change. I am downloading all new version but it is not yet there :(

Offline Timo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 12:03:08 »
I'm currently working on the following:

- Multiple database support: this allows users to create as many databases as they want to seperate flying and show pigeons or keeping pigeons for multiple fanciers for example. This is a big change and needs a lot of work and testing. this includes new backupsystem and probably an import/export system to copy pigeons from one database to the other.

- Custom database location. This is done together with the multi database, you can choose any (valid) path you want when creating a new database.

A new image chooser with an option to set a relative path is following next.

thbaig1

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 06:26:34 »
I can help u in db Design, if u like.

thbaig1

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 20:01:29 »
Is it developed in Python 2 or 3 ?

Offline Timo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 18:47:31 »
Python 2, because that's the latest version which works with PyGTK. I'm waiting for a bit better GTK3 support on Windows before porting to Python3/GTK3.