Author Topic: A Question about the updating the Pedigree  (Read 2787 times)

Offline eddie

• View Profile
A Question about the updating the Pedigree
« on: October 13, 2013, 17:24:30 »
Hi, im using the pigeon planner for the past few months now and i love it, ive got two questions to ask but not quite sure if it already exists and/or possible if it can be done thanks.

1) would it be possible to make the pedigree text box larger on the SIRE AND DAM side  as i've a good few birds in which i would like to be able to put results into. as there is only 6 lines in each box available, there is not  enough room to put anymore than 5/6 results of what the sire/dam has bred.. 

2) is it possible to save the entire pigeon planner to a memory stick as  laptop i have this planner on is not the newest or most reliable, and if so how do i do that, so i can move what i have saved to another computer for me to work on thanks...

Thanks very much for all your time and effort, it really is an amazing program thankyou

Offline Timo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A Question about the updating the Pedigree
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 19:28:02 »
1) I've been thinking about this for a while now, but haven't come up with a great solution yet. I'm thinking about dropping the six individual lines and provide one large textbox. Increasing the first and second generation size in the pedigree is possible, but not after that due to screen size/paper size.

2) You can make a backup through the program menu File=>Backup=>Backup and restore the file on a different computer by going to File=>Backup=>Restore
Note that it works best when both Pigeon Planner versions are the same or the destination version is newer.

Offline eddie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 20:51:39 »
i know its probably hard to work with limited space and you probably dont want to run into another page,
what about creating a tab for results for breeding pairs or separate birds that have bred  youngbird/oldbird wins or gets a result, you can link it with their parents/siblings. so that you can leave the pedigree the way it is but have an extra section for example:

BELG 123456 is paired to BELG 100057 and   breeds 2 youngbirds and the 2 of them win,
then both of them are re-paired for the second round ( un-aware to anyone that they would breed 2 winners in first nest but still possible )  and both BELG 123456 and  BELG 100057
breed winners with 2 other birds can they be possibly be linked up and be-able to be  printed out 
to say BELG 123456 is sire to the total amount of young/old bird prize winners..

or does that already exist?
maybe im not looking at the results tab correctly, because when i look at a particular SIRE in my breeding i know one of his youngbirds have got 2 wins already and i cannot see any result.
i have to go to '' VEIW ALL'' which shows what all my birds have done...

ps: thankyou for replying to me. really appreciate all that you do...  ;)

Offline stevieboy100

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 10:08:27 »
think the software is great and am very grate full but is it possible to add a choice of pedigree say from the 5 gen to a 4 gen and maybe a choice of portrait or landscape

Offline Timo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 10:35:39 »
I'm currently working on an improved results system. They are now split up into races and results for better organisation. This is extremely useful in the resultswindow where the giant list is now manageable. I also created a new and much better filter.

I agree that more reports should be available, like the one you describe. If you have examples of reports, please share. It's much easier (and faster) for me to create reports after an example.

stevieboy100: currently, the pedigrees have reached a maximum amount of generations. There just isn't enough room on a piece of paper. Giving an option to show lesser generations should be possible, but will take some time. A long standing item on my todo list is creating more pedigree layouts. A landscape layout sounds like a good idea.

Offline batusai70

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 08:25:05 »
Hi there! Can you please include the STRAIN of the pigeons when printing the peds? thanks!

nominee